Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy!

Things are coming together for the flute piece, which I am sending off today! My Facebook friends had a good time coming up with titles. Some of the best include "Density 43" and "Requiem for a Tuner."

I will post it on my website in the near future; of course, I want my prospective players to see it first. In the meantime, enjoy yet another "old/unofficial" piece:

Straphanger Premix

Most people have remixes, but this is the ORIGINAL version of Straphanger. I worked on this for about a month, then decided to scrap it. I wrote Straphanger in one week - over Thanksgiving break in 2006. I was trying to get it ready to send off as part of my doctoral application for Illinois (I was accepted there but ended up going to Belfast instead). Anyway, it still has its moments, so I thought I would share.

No comments: