Saturday, July 11, 2009

interview, etc.

Evan Merz interviewed me earlier this week for his Computer Music Blog. It is a 12-minute audio interview about the CD Parallel Lives. Evan did a great job editing it, so I sound somewhat coherent!

Besides that I have worked on a few small music tasks - making parts and things like that - but no new stuff. I'll get cracking soon. Some decisions from last time:

I am going to concentrate my attentions on the piano-electronics piece. I have been thinking up different ideas, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to go about it. I started thinking that it would be interesting to incorporate visuals, which means I will probably need to learn Java/Processing. I think that will be very helpful in the long-run though.

The other projects:

Piezo flowers installation - middle burner. I really want to do this project, but it will entail 1) buying an Arduino, sensors, wire, soldering iron, etc. 2) learning more Arduino programming.

Dead Broad revisited - back burner. It's just going to take awhile to do, plus I doubt I could finish it, have Caleb practice it, and make a video recording of it in time for PhD application season.

Orchestral piece - extreme back burner. Since it will be based on an existing piece anyway, I think I could knock it out in a month if I reeeeealllly have to.

No comments: