Monday, September 7, 2009

redirect

This week, I have been thinking. My first grad school applications are due on December 15th. Last year I was still working on my personal statements during Christmas. I don't want to do that again. I want to have everything sent off by the 15th - which, to be safe, means I need to send everything around the 1st or 2nd of December.

If I could pull off the piano piece I outlined in the last post, that would be awesome. But let's be practical here - I have 3 months to do everything. It would take me 3 months of hard work just to do that piece. So I am going to put that aside for the time being.

I still want to work with Processing and video, so I think I'm going to do something simpler, and use an existing piece as the input. For example, my piano piece "Snow Drifts" from Late Frost (you can listen on my ReverbNation widget at the top right of this page). I have been wanting to do a promo video for at least one of the Late Frost pieces, to put on YouTube for some extra exposure. I'm thinking something very abstract, using the amplitude (volume) or pitches to control a Processing program. Not something I will be able to do in an afternoon, but I'm sure I can get a little something going by November.

No comments: