Sunday, February 28, 2010

Full Circle: More assembly tests

In this episode I have two assembly jobs that you can listen to. The process right now is to take all the solos and put them in order, change things around in the backing track, etc.

ATL Funk (fka Bass Funk 1)

Here I have solos from Jason Passmore (sax), Margie Deeb (flute), and Darren Nelsen (guitar). Darren also played some rhythm guitar parts, adding some nice spice to the proceedings. This is not really a mix, just a test to hear how parts sound together and in succession.

Listen


Crunkdafunkdafied

Here I combined my primary track with Nicole Randall Chamberlain's flute solo and my fast version (electric piano solo to come!). To make the transition, I also sped up and repeated the opening wah sound, and made versions of the main drum loop at 2x, 1.75x, 1.5x, 1.25x, and 1.13x speeds. This way we have a nice deceleration back into the original beat.

Listen

No comments: