I made a promise to myself to keep up with this blog when I started back to school, but it looks like I've been up to my usual rarely-updating tricks.
Major projects of late:
Saxophone quartet - now officially titled "Wedge Issue." I am hoping to get some saxophonists here at UF to read through it before the end of term. Will post if that happens!
"Full Circle" hip-hop-ish project. I got pretty close to done, then decided I would never be really happy with it if I didn't go back and redo the backing tracks. So I denoised and quantized a little. Really hoping to get this done by the new year, which essentially means by the end of this semester. Hmmm....
SuperCollider etude. Originally I was calling this "Phony Morricone" and using instrument samples to evoke a Leone western. Due to various factors (processing speed, not-too-great samples from freesound.org, etc.), I decided to go an all-synth route.
So now I have some bell, organ, and percussion sounds. It's pretty "moody" and "dark." I'm still very much a SuperCollider novice, but I'm getting better with programming and general knowledge of its capabilities. Will post this when I'm done, as well - even the code, because I'm sure you're very interested in that part!
ok, back to it...