Thursday, September 1, 2011

new school year

Ok, I'm nearing the end of the second week of the new school year, and figured I should update a little.

My assistantship is a lot busier this time around. I am a TA for Music Theory 3 - teaching 3 lab sessions a week, plus grading lots of homework and quizzes for 55 students. I managed to work my schedule so that I have Thursdays "off" (aka - time to WORK). I also took over as SCI chapter president, so I'll be in charge of concerts, etc.

Taking a video production/film theory class + a seminar on "dissonance, cacophany, & noise." These are both VERY interesting so far! Finishing up Tether (decided to give up on the soldered board for now since I can't suss out the ground loops I keep getting), and starting to write my flute/guitar piece.

Some sad news: Carla Rees, for whom I wrote "Simoom," lost her flat, her cats, her custom flutes, and many other possessions in the London riots last month. Please consider donating to her recovery fund here.

No comments: