Wednesday, December 21, 2011

fluid dynamics, video

fluid dynamics is the final video project of the video theory/production course I took this semester. It is an expansion of a video sketch I posted previously.

This piece is very process-heavy in both the video and audio portions, but I think they are very unified because of it. The most interesting criticism I received was that it was a bit too repetitive visually. I found this interesting because musicians use repetition all the time. We love repetition. We live repetition. So the comment showed how different the media of video and music are from each other. I had to point out that there are only six chords in the whole piece...

Those chords, by the way, are stolen from my piano piece Late Frost. When I hear this piece I don't think about the other one at all, which I suppose means that I did some successful recycling.

No comments: