Sunday, February 12, 2012

I want to circuit-bend



I picked up these toys at Goodwill for $10. I think they will be fun to bend (when I have time!). I need to make a large order for electronic parts - been skimming through Make: Electronics by Charles Platt and Handmade Electronic Music by Nicolas Collins - lots of cool ideas.

Working on a duo for marimba and cajón, which is coming along pretty quickly. Still editing my piano/fixed-media piece. Right now, just lots of ideas swimming around and not enough time to explore them!

As mentioned in my previous post, we had Jeri-Mae Astolfi (pianist) and James Mobberley (composer) as guests. Add Dan Asia to that list, as he was here last Monday. Later in the semester, Suk-Jun Kim, Zack Browning, and Paul Moravec. Not to mention 4 graduate recitals, 2 department concerts, and some other odds and ends. We are both lucky and crazy.

No comments: